Thursday 15 December 2011

Flor Patisserie: The Flower in the Patisserie

Another personal favorite dessert patisserie would be Flor Patisserie by Chef Yamashita. Located just a street down from Bohueur Patisserie. It can get a bit tough to choose where to have tea...

By the way, Flor is the Portuguese word for Flower. Why Flower? Mainly because Chef Yamashita draws inspiration for his cakes from flower and incorporates the symbolic elements of flowers into his sweet creation. Just like a freshly picked flower, Chef Yamashita uses nothing but the freshest and finest ingredients. 

Did I tell you that Flor Patisserie doesn't use artificial rising or softening agents in their cakes? 

On my first visit. I was accompanied by a old friend of mine and it was also my first visit to Duxton. In the end, we got lost! (My fault! Sorry!) By the time, we managed to find Flor... They were about to close. That's the biggest problem with such patisseries. They closes very early. Nevertheless, we still decided to takeaway to some other place to eat...

But where? Another big problem right? So we went to Starbucks @ Raffles City! Am I am a genius or what? (I think I really am!) 
Earl Grey Chocolat ($6.50).

When I was at the shop, it was the first thing I saw and trust me. I didn't regret saying that it's love at first sight. When I took my first bite, I didn't know that banana and earl grey complement each other that well.
Classic Chocolate ($6.20)

Now this... How should I put my words...

On First glance, I thought it was some X'mas cake with the snow-like cream above the hilly cake with chocolate pearls littered all over the summit. It's dense and moist. Just the way I like my chocolate cakes to be!

If you ever want to visit Flor, do take note of their opening hours! 

2 Duxton Hill #01-01 Singapore 089588
Tel: +65 6223 8628
Opening Hours: Mondays to Saturdays: 11am-7pm
                        Sundays (Public Holidays): 11am-6pm
                        Cafes hours are one hour before closing time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...