Sunday 18 December 2011

Marina Bay Sands Experience

Marina Bay Sands.

A place known for holding prestigious functions, renowned boutiques and let's not forget all the classy fine dining restaurants. But staying over at the Hotel makes the experience truly complete and so on 30/10/2010, Yours Truly and his Family decided to check in for the first time. It was truly a experience that I will never forget...

Did I mention that I invited a few of my friends over the evening for tea?
TWG Tea over Crystal Jade Mango Cake. Truly a worthy Tea Party it is...
How about watching the Sunrise? It maybe a seaview but well, the constructions does ruin the photo. Ohh well, hopefully everything will be cleared on my next visitation? 
Did I tell you that I was having Earl Grey throughout the whole Sunrise?

"What's for breakfast?"
I asked my aunt...
You got that right! Beanstro by Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. It's a Bistro that's operate by one of those chains that I dare say produces top quality coffee! It maybe a causal bistro but trust me, look at the people around me...
They're all in suit! For once, I thought I was underdressed. Silly me...

Let's move on with Breakfast shall we?
I got myself a Bagel with Cured Salmon ($13.00). I thought to myself, I don't think it should be just called Bagel with Cured Salmon. Rather it should be Bagel with LOTS OF Cured Salmon! It was filling that's for sure! I am never gonna look at Bagel with Cured Salmon the same way ever again!
Eggs Benedict ($17.00) composed of two poached eggs over an open Vienna Bread. Was it good? That's for sure! The poached eggs were just right. Slightly runnier than usual but that's how I like Benedict to be...

Even though Beanstro by Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf isn't your everyday breakfast but the quality and quantity they serve makes the price all worthwhile. A scrumptious breakfast to kick start the day and we thought to ourselves that we should explore MBS before checking out. The skypark. Since we're staying over at the hotel, we are entitled free entry! If not it's $20 each! 
The view was great! Though the photos showed otherwise...
 
Since it's was Monday which means MONDAY BLUES to many of us... I thought how nice it is to drop a visit to Flor Patisserie to get my best friend a good cake
The well known Napoleon Cake ($6.50) of Flor Patisserie. Fresh strawberries, chantilly cream, sponge cake all between 2 layers of pastry puffs. Again...Was it good? I personally think it's one of those stuffs that all dessert lovers should sink their fork in. Well, I can't say for my friend but she did finish the entire slice all by herself.

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Bistro
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands #B2-20
Tel: +65 6688 7001
Opening Hours: Sundays to Thursdays: 10am-11pm
                         Fridays and Saturdays: 10am-2am

Flor Patisserie by Chef Yamashita
2 Duxton Hill #01-10 Singapore 089588
Tel: +65 6223 8628
Website: www.cakeflor.com.sg
Opening Hours: Mondays to Saturdays: 11am-7pm
                        Sundays (Public Holidays): 11am-6pm
                        Cafes hours are one hour before closing time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...